Unless otherwise declared by you and accepted in writing by Zurich, you agree that the following Assumptions are accurate. If you cannot agree to these Assumptions we will be unable to provide you with a quote.
Neither you nor any others residing with you have ever been refused insurance or had any special terms, restrictions or conditions imposed by any Insurer. This includes any refusal or cancellation of insurance or special terms, restrictions or conditions previously imposed by Zurich.
Neither you nor any others residing with you have ever been cautioned for, convicted of, or charged but not yet tried for, any criminal offence, other than spent convictions under the ‘Criminal Justice (Spent Convictions and Certain Disclosures) Act 2016’ or driving offences under the Road Traffic Acts.
You currently hold, or have held, home insurance for these premises within the last 12 months. (This assumption does not apply if you have only acquired these premises within the last 12 months.)
The premises being insured is not:
1. under construction or renovation
2. over 100 years old
3. a listed building or subject to a preservation order
4. located on a site which exceeds 2 acres in size
5. used in connection with any commercial activities
6. currently unoccupied and will not be unoccupied for more than 30 consecutive days in any one period of insurance*
*Note that this assumption d) 6. does not apply where you have stated that the property is occupied as a Holiday Home.
The walls of the premises are built entirely of brick stone or concrete or are timber framed and clad entirely of brick stone or concrete.
The roof is of standard construction (at least 70% of the roof is constructed with one of the following standard materials only: slate, tile or concrete).
The total area of non-standard roof does not exceed 30% of the total roof area and is constructed with one of the following materials only: asphalt, trocal or felt on timber.
The premises is in a good state of repair and will be so maintained and is free from any signs of external or internal cracks.
The premises has never suffered loss or damage as a result of flood, whether insured or not, nor is there a history of flooding in the area.
The premises has never suffered loss or damage as a result of subsidence, heave or landslip, whether insured or not, nor is there a history of subsidence, heave or landslip in the area.
1. monitored for subsidence, ground heave or landslip
2. the subject of a report which mentions subsidence, ground heave or landslip
Minimum Security Requirements
- All external doors are fitted with appropriate locking mechanisms
- All French doors, patio doors and windows are fitted with appropriate security locks
There is a formal rental agreement for a period of no less than 12 months in place directly between you and the tenant(s).**
**Note that this assumption k) only applies where you have stated that the property is occupied as an investment property.
Information that you provide about your home insurance claims history relates to any home claims or losses, whether insured or not:
- made in connection with the property you’re now looking to insure; or
- made in connection with any other properties owned or occupied, at any time, by you or others residing with you; or
- previously paid out by Zurich
Terms, conditions and underwriting criteria may apply.