Smart saving with Zurich
Whether you are planning for your new home, college fees or simply for peace of mind against unforeseen events, a sensible savings plan can make all the difference. With a Zurich savings plan you can:
Save from as little as €100 per month
Choose the funds you want to invest in
Keep track of performance 24/7
Access your savings if you need to
It's time to make your money work for you
Saving with Zurich
With a Zurich Savings Plan, your savings can be invested in a range of funds. This plan will suit you if you want to save regularly for at least seven years and want the potential to earn a good return on your savings. There are options available that give you access to your money without any penalties.
Why invest your savings?
For longer term saving goals, like education costs, investing could be a good choice. Investing in a fund can give you the opportunity to earn an inflation beating return over the medium to long term. We can help you create a personal savings plan to suit you and your savings goals.
Your attitude to risk
How your money is invested depends on how much investment risk you are prepared to accept. Choosing your own savings strategy will involve deciding on the level of return you are looking for and balancing that against the level of risk you are comfortable taking.
Investment Growth Calculator
Our Investment Growth Calculator will give you an idea of what to expect your savings to grow to over a specific time and the funds you can invest in.
Your investment (after tax) could be worth
- Premium Type:
- Lump Sum Amount:
- Monthly Payment:
- Number of Years:
- Fund Choice:
Regular and Single Premium Assumptions:
- An annual management charge of 1.35% and a regular contribution allocation rate of 101% with no surrender penalties has been allowed for.
- A government insurance levy (currently 1%) applies. The contributions above are inclusive of this levy.
- We have assumed a gross investment return of 1.9%, 3.4%, 4.4%, 4.4% and 3.4% per annum on your savings (for Prisma 3, Prisma 4, Prisma 5, Prisma Max and Balanced Fund respectively).
- The value of your investment may grow at a faster or slower rate meaning the value of your investment may be expected to fall from time to time as well as rise.
- It is assumed that on death, encashment, partial encashment, assignment of a policy or on the 8th policy anniversary, tax is deducted on the gains made at the current rate of taxation (41%).
- These assumptions and figures quoted are for illustrative purposes only and are not an offer of contract.
- Warning: Past performance is not a reliable guide to future performance.
- Warning: Benefits may be affected by changes in currency exchange rates.
- Warning: The value of your investment may go down as well as up.
- Warning: If you invest in these products you may lose some or all of the money you invest.
- Warning: These figures are estimates only. They are not a reliable guide to the future performance of your investment.
- Warning: The income you get from this investment may go down as well as up.
Why invest with Zurich?
Trust in our expertise
Zurich has been meeting the financial needs of people in Ireland for over 40 years. Our award-winning* investment team, in Dublin, is responsible for funds under management of approximately €27.5 billion, of which pension assets amount to €16.9 billion**.
Online access 24/7
With 24/7 access to Zurich’s online client centre, you can see how your funds are performing at any stage. And with a wide range of helpful tools, calculators and videos, you’ll have access to everything you need to help you plan for your future.
We are committed to investing your funds responsibly. We want to do good, naturally, but we also want to do well in investment terms. Zurich Insurance Group is a signatory to the UN Principles of Responsible Investment since 2012. Find out more about our approach.
Take the next step
Sound advice is invaluable, so it’s a good idea to seek advice from a financial broker/advisor who can guide you through the process and help you select the right savings plan for your circumstances.
Find a financial broker or advisor in your local area
Arrange a no obligation call with a Zurich advisor
Apply online for a regular savings plan
*Investment Provider Excellence Award, Brokers Ireland, 2022; Pension Provider Excellence Award, Brokers Ireland, 2022
** Zurich is responsible for funds under management of approximately €27.5 billion, of which pension assets amount to €16.9 billion (as at 30th September 2022).
The information contained herein is based on Zurich's understanding of current Revenue practice as at 01 January 2023 and may change in the future.