If you own an investment property and rent it out to tenants, then it makes sense that you would protect your asset with a landlord insurance policy. Our home insurance covers your investment property where "Investment property" is selected as part of your policy.

What is landlord insurance?

Landlord insurance is cover that protects landlords from risks associated with their rental property. Being a landlord can be an expensive business, and if you don’t have adequate cover in place, it could end up costing you a considerable amount to put things right if something went wrong. Our investment property insurance covers properties that are rented to families or professionals where a tenancy agreement should be in place.

Get a landlord insurance quote online and select 'investment property' when asked 'how is the property occupied'.

Is it compulsory?

Landlords' insurance isn't compulsory, but some lenders make it a requirement of taking out a buy-to-let mortgage. Building’s insurance is one of the main types of cover that a landlord will need. It is important because it protects the building in the event of a fire, flood or subsidence and covers the rebuilding costs of the property. Landlord insurance covers the home itself, as well as the landlord’s fixtures and fittings on or in the home, walls, gates, fences, hedges, terraces, patios, drives and paths that are listed in the landlord insurance policy.

What does landlord insurance cover?

A landlord insurance policy should include a number of features to cover your rental property investment, such as buildings insurance and financial protection against loss of rent (subject to policy limit). Contents insurance should be considered, especially if your rental property is furnished. This will protect furniture and electrical items from theft or damage. With Zurich you can tailor your landlord insurance policy to your own requirements to include the type of cover you need for your rental property.

Landlord insurance tips and tools

Before you take out landlord insurance you’ll need to know the rebuild cost of your investment property. The Society of Chartered Surveyors provide a rebuild calculator to give you an indication of the rebuilding cost of your house. If the rental property is in an apartment building, the building insurance should be covered by the annual management fees. However, always ask for a copy of the policy document to see if it is adequate. It might be necessary to take out additional coverage for contents.

Terms, conditions and underwriting criteria may apply.

*Save up to 4% with the 'Protect' promocode discount and up to a further 10% discount when you get an online quote and buy a new home insurance policy online from Zurich. Simply enter ‘Protect’ in the promotional code box when you get your online home quote. This offer is available to new customers in the first year only and not available to existing Zurich home insurance customers. We offer an additional 5% discount on your home insurance if you have an existing insurance policy with Zurich. We also offer a minimum additional discount of 10% if you have been claims free for 4 years or more. Offer is valid until 30th June 2024. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Zurich home insurance offer. All premiums including discounts are subject to the minimum premium. Discounts do not apply to optional add-ons.

Get your home insurance quote today

Use promocode 'Protect'

Call us in Wexford

Renew online