Choosing a pension plan with Zurich Life
With many pension options on the market, making the right choices can often be confusing and complicated. Let us help you with this vitally important decision. Whether you are an employer or an employee, an investor or a novice, we have many pensions to choose from.
A pension to match your lifestyle:
- Personal Pension - If you are self-employed, or if your employer does not offer an occupational pension.
- PRSA Pension - A simple flexible pension which you can take out, regardless of your employment status.
- Retirement Bond - A retirement bond that lets you take your pension entitlements with you when changing jobs, without having to transfer to your new employer's scheme.
A PRSA (Personal Retirement Savings Account) is a personally owned pension that lets you save for retirement on your own terms.
- It's flexible - you can contribute to it whenever you want and stop making contributions at any time.
- It's portable - so you can take it with you If you move jobs, or opt for a career break.
A Personal Retirement Bond allows you to bring your pension benefits with you, if you leave a pension scheme.
- It's flexible - You have control over your pension plan and how it is invested.
- It's tax-efficient - That's because any growth on your investment is tax-free.
Executive Pension - A pension designed for company directors and owners.
AVCs - Additional (and optional) payments to an existing pension scheme, to build up an additional retirement fund.
Additional Voluntary Contributions, or AVCs, are extra contributions you can make in addition to your existing company pension.
- AVCs give you the opportunity to grow your pension ahead of retirement, on your own terms.
- They're tax efficient - You can claim tax relief against AVCs, subject to revenue limits.