How do I make a Hospital Cash, Surgical Cash or Personal Accident Claim?
You should first contact the person that set up the policy for you to establish that the benefit applies to your policy. This is either your Financial Advisor, one of our financial consultants or representatives. They will guide you through these steps:
Step 1: Send the following items to your Financial Advisor or to us:
- Completed Claim Form(s) - ou, or the person making the claim, will need to complete the relevant form
- Original Birth Cert - we will return this immediately.
- Original Marriage Cert - if the person making the claim is a married woman with a different surname than on her Birth Cert.
For Personal Accident Benefit Claims Only
- A copy of your last wage slip or if self employed confirmation of your earnings from your accountant.
- If you are claiming social welfare benefit, please attach a copy of the Social Welfare Benefit claim form.
Step 2: We may write to the Life insured's GP for medical reports for our Chief Medical Officer.
Step 3: We will send your Financial Advisor confirmation that we have received the claim form and we will advise if we have written to the Life Insured's doctor. If the policy is assigned to a bank or building society we will write to the institution to request the original Policy Document and Deed of Assignment and notify your Financial Advisor of this. The benefit will be paid to the assignee unless we get written instructions from them to pay the policy owner directly.
Step 4: If your claim is for Personal Accident Benefit we may decide that an independent medical assessment is required in certain circumstances on receipt of the medical reports. If so, you will be advised immediately.
Step 5: On receipt of all our requirements your claim will be assessed and where the claim is admitted we will send payment by cheque to your financial advisor or directly to yourself should you instruct us to do so.
Under the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Acts 2010 and 2013, Zurich Life requires clients to provide 'Evidence of Identity' and 'Proof of Address' and other supporting documentation.