Whether you're a first-time mum or dad, or you already have a brood - you'll know that caring for and protecting your children is top priority. What would happen if, for some reason, you couldn't provide for your family? A life insurance plan can be used to safeguard your family from the financial hardship that comes with unexpected illness or death. With a Term Protection plan, you can set up this insurance to cover a specified period of time for the cover, when you feel your family are most dependent on you.
What is Term Life Insurance?
Term life insurance or 'term protection' is over an agreed term. If you die or become ill during this term, your family will be provided for financially. It can give great peace of mind to have this cover for your key working years, when you may have dependents who rely on your income. The premium is also guaranteed never to increase.
How does it work?
A term life insurance plan is designed to protect your family financially if you die or become seriously ill during that period. You will pay a set amount on a regular basis towards the policy (usually by direct debit) for a set period of time between 2 and 40 years. If you die or become ill, the policy will pay out so that your dependents are cared for financially.
- Peace-of-mind: Protection for your family from a substantial financial burden.
- Increased security: You can add cover for many serious illnesses and disabilities.
- Cover for your partner on the same policy.
- Flexibility: Increase cover on certain life events, like the birth of a new child.
Who is Term Protection for?
This plan will be suitable for people who want to protect their family if they die, or become seriously ill. It will appeal to people who wish to have cover for a specific period of time of their choosing, which can range between 2 and 40 years. You must be aged between 18 and 75 to take up this kind of life insurance (65 for serious illness).
A choice of cover
We believe in giving you choice and control over the way in which your policy is fulfilled. You can select:
- Level Term Cover, which means that your family will receive a one-off payment, should you die during the term of your policy. Your dependents could use this to live on for a period of time, or it could be used to pay for substantial costs such as childcare, college fees or medical bills.
- Monthly Income Cover, on the other hand, will provide a guaranteed monthly cover from the time you die until the end of the policy term.
Help and Advice
How much life cover do I need? How much will I have to pay per month? Who will the life cover protect? You'll have lots of questions when it comes to choosing the right kind of life insurance. Our handy Life cover quote can help you work out how much Life Cover could cost. Also our advisors are on hand to talk you through your options and to help you find the product that suits you the best. Find an advisor in your area, or call us directly at 1850 804 164