What does Farm Insurance cover?
Zurich Farm Insurance provides peace of mind to you, your family and your business. So, it is important that you protect your livelihood. Having your farm and assets protected by a leading insurance company like Zurich comes with the peace of mind that should something happen we will be there when help is needed.
In response to customer feedback, we’ve incorporated several new levels of cover and exciting enhancements to our product, which will benefit you and your farm.
For more information on our policy, download our farm insurance product information document. Farm insurance policy includes the following covers:
- Storm cover automatically available to farm machinery, bulk milk storage tanks and agri produce.
- Fire and other specified events cover on farm machinery and equipment, bulk milk storage tanks and agricultural produce.
- Theft of tools – maximum sum insured €15,000.
- Theft of diesel – automatic limit €2,000.
Fire brigade charges – up to a limit of €15,000 for any one incident.
- Theft of Livestock - Automatic Limit €5,000.
- Fire, flood, in transit and attendance at a sale or show and other specified covers are available for livestock.
- Sheep worrying cover available up to 28 days after the attack.
- New Pedigree Section – accident and illness cover for animals specified in your client’s schedule.
- Basis of Claims Settlement: Market Value, 10% for cattle and 20% for sheep.
- Automatic cover for Loss of Milk due to inclement weather two instances or €12,000 where section is active.
- Optional loss of own milk due to accidental contamination by antibiotic residue.
- Deterioration of Milk in Bulk Milk Tank(s) or Refrigerated Milk Storage Tank(s).
- Re-establishment cover for up to 24 years.
- Storm cover available for Growing Trees up to 24 years.
- Forestry consultant fees post loss €1,500.
- Fire Brigade Charges increased to €30,000 as standard.
- Automatic limit for farming continuation expenses, €10,000 cover for dairy farmers to get back up and running in the event of insured damage.
- Cover available for loss of income and increased cost of working during a business interruption period.
- Cover for money paid or payable for securing an alternative premise during the business interruption period.
- Cover for charges payable by your client to their professional accountant/auditor in preparing a claim for business interruption.
Farm Agricultural Vehicle
- Windscreen cover is available under comprehensive and third party fire & theft cover.
- Trailer and attachment cover is available under comprehensive, third party fire & theft and third party only.
- Fire brigade charges up to a limit of €3,000 for any one incident.
Farm Liability and Personal Accident
- Public and products liability - limit of indemnity, €6,500,000 as standard.
- Employers’ liability – limit of indemnity €13,000,000.
- Farm personal accident – up to 7 units of personal accident cover available, providing a temporary total disability of €1,050 per week.
- Home Emergency Assistance (Mapfre), up to four (4) visits in total each period of insurance.
- Extended accidental damage cover as standard.
- Fire brigade charges – up to a limit of €10,000 for any one incident.
Freezer contents – unlimited frozen foods cover.
Market-leading Legal Expenses Cover provided by ARAG Legal Services.
- Enhanced limit up to €400,000 Limit of Indemnity.
- Farm revenue audits cover up to a Limit of Indemnity of €150,000.
- 24-hour legal advice and counselling helpline service.
- Employment disputes and compensation awards.
- Property protection and bodily injury.
- Legal defence and tax protection.
- Statutory licence appeal.