Due to scheduled website maintenance, the Zurich website may be down today. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.
As a parent, you want to give your child the best start to adult life. The Child’s Savings Plus plan is an innovative option from Zurich which helps you to give a child a head start when it comes to financial matters. The Child’s Savings Plus Plan also allows you to maximise the Gift Tax saving for the child by enabling you to legally assign the plan to the child, thus making full use of the annual Gift Tax exemption limit of €3,000 from any individual (€6,000 from a married couple). Our Child Savings Plus Plan is specially designed to allow you to start shaping a future for your kids.
There is a Key Information Document (KID) available on this product. This document is a good source of further information and can be found here.
What is Child's Savings Plus?
Child's Savings Plus is a regular premium, unit-linked savings plan. It allows you to invest in a range of investment funds at the start of the policy, however once you make your choice of funds, the fund choice applies for the life of the plan.
Who's it for?
- Parents who wish to save for their children's future.
- Relatives or god-parents who would like to put aside money for a child's future.
- Those happy to save for a period of 5 years or more.
Main features of this plan:
- Peace of mind - that your child will have a head start with college, buying their first home, buying their first car or helping them set up their own business.
- Smart savings - this plan makes full use of annual gift tax exemption limits.
- Flexibility - you can vary your payments whenever you like.
How does it work?
Starting a Child's Savings Plus plan is very simple.
- You can choose which Zurich Life Funds to invest in at the outset. We can help with that.
- You'll need to decide how much you wish to put aside each month - it can be as little as €75. We can help you figure out how much you might need to save, depending on how long you plan to save.
- Then you can assign the policy to your child to maximize gift tax savings.
The information contained herein is based on Zurich Life's understanding of current Revenue practice as at October 2018 and may change in the future.