Please note that from 1 July 2022, the registered office address for Zurich Insurance plc has changed to Zurich House, Frascati Road, Blackrock, County Dublin, A94 X9Y3, Ireland. We are currently updating our documents accordingly. There is no change to our postal address which remains Zurich Insurance plc, PO Box 78, Wexford.
Electric and Hybrid Car Insurance
Specialist breakdown assistance:
- We offer our electric car customers specialist, 24-hour roadside breakdown assistance for electric and plug-in hybrid cars. This addresses the issue of ‘range anxiety’, which is the fear that some electric car owners may have, that they will run out of charge mid-journey.
- Re-charging: your car will be taken for free to the nearest public charge point, or your home charge point (whichever is the nearer), if you run out of electrical charge.
- Your car will be taken to the nearest specialist repairer in the event of a breakdown due to a mechanical fault.
- In the event of an accident, we will provide a free replacement car (an electric car where possible) for up to 10 days.
- We provide cover for loss or damage to your electric car charging cable for up to €400, for one charging cable per period of insurance.