At Zurich we strive to provide market-leading products that recognise the additional needs an electric or plug-in hybrid car owner has. If you own an electric or plug-in hybrid car, you can avail of specialist breakdown assistance, along with an excellent claims service and peace of mind that you’re protected in the event that something happens.
Specialist breakdown assistance:
- We offer our electric car customers specialist, 24-hour roadside breakdown assistance for electric and plug-in hybrid cars. This addresses the issue of ‘range anxiety’, which is the fear that some electric car owners may have, that they will run out of charge mid-journey.
- Re-charging: your car will be taken for free to the nearest public charge point, or your home charge point (whichever is the nearer), if you run out of electrical charge.
- Your car will be taken to the nearest specialist repairer in the event of a breakdown due to a mechanical fault.
- In the event of an accident, we will provide a free replacement car (an electric car where possible) for up to 10 days.
- We provide cover for loss or damage to your electric car charging cable for up to €400, for one charging cable per period of insurance.
The information on this page relates to car insurance policies purchased directly from Zurich, with policy number starting with 01-MPZ. If you have a query on your level of cover, please call us in Wexford on 0818 400 700 or (053) 911 0553.
*Save up to 9% with the 'Protect' promocode discount and up to a further 10% discount when you get an online quote and buy a new policy online from Zurich. Simply enter ‘Protect’ in the promotional code box when you get your online car quote. This offer is available to new customers in the first year only and not available to existing Zurich car insurance customers. We offer an additional 5% discount on your car insurance if you have an existing insurance policy with Zurich. Offer is valid until 31st May 2023. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Zurich car insurance offer. All premiums including discounts are subject to the minimum premium. Discounts do not apply to optional add-ons.