What does buildings insurance cover?

Buildings insurance covers the cost of repairing for damage or loss to the structure of your property.

Buildings insurance covers the physical structure of a property, such as the walls and roof, against damage, loss and theft. It also covers permanent fixtures and fittings within the home, including bathroom suites, fitted kitchens and built-in wardrobes.

With buildings insurance, you are protecting the building against damage but also in the event that something disastrous happens and you have to rebuild the home in its entirety.

Tips and tools

The Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland’s Rebuild Calculator is a handy tool that can help you calculate the rebuild cost of your home, giving you peace of mind.

This calculator is intended as a guide only to give you an indication of the rebuilding cost of your house. To be totally confident that your home is adequately insured, an independent surveyor, can calculate the exact rebuilding cost of your home. Rebuild costs should also factor in the costs of professional services, if for example, you needed to avail of a solicitor or architect.

Terms, conditions and underwriting criteria may apply.

Get your home insurance quote today

Use promocode 'Protect'

Call us in Wexford

Renew online