Is a fitted kitchen covered by buildings insurance?

All permanent fixtures and fittings such as kitchens and bathroom suites are covered under building insurance.

Unlike contents insurance where you are ensuring items that you could take with you if you moved house, buildings insurance covers the structure of the building and any permanent fixtures and fittings such fitted kitchens. A simple way to decide if something, such as a fitted kitchen, is covered under buildings insurance is to ask yourself, can it reasonably be removed and taken to another home? If it can, then it falls under your contents policy and it not, then it will be covered by your buildings insurance.

Terms, conditions and underwriting criteria may apply.

Get your home insurance quote today

Use promocode 'Protect'

Call us in Wexford

Renew online