Does a tenant pay building insurance?

As a tenant, knowing what type of insurance you need is important so that you can be confident your belongings are protected should something happen.

As a tenant, you are responsible for paying your rent and utility bills, buildings insurance is your landlord’s responsibility. You should ensure you have contents insurance though, as this will protect your personal belongings against damage or theft.

What am I insuring?

Under contents insurance, you can include items such as clothes, jewellery, furniture and soft furnishings, appliances and electronics or gadgets, books, CDs and DVDs, and even your bicycle.

Get a quote online select 'Rented' (you are a tenant) when asked 'how is your property occupied', or call us in Wexford on 0818 400 700 or 053 915 7775.

Terms, conditions and underwriting criteria may apply.

Get your home insurance quote today

Use promocode 'Protect'

Call us in Wexford

Renew online