What is buy-to-let insurance?

Also referred to as landlord insurance, buy-to-let insurance is for anyone who owns an investment property and rents it out to tenants. Our investment property insurance covers properties that are rented to families or professionals where a tenancy agreement should be in place.

Being a landlord can be an expensive business, and if you don’t have adequate cover in place, it could end up costing you a considerable amount to put things right if something went wrong.

Building’s insurance is one of the main types of cover that a landlord will need. It is important because it protects the building in the event of a fire, flood or subsidence and covers the rebuilding costs of the property. Investment property or a landlord insurance policy should include a number of features, such as buildings insurance and financial protection against loss of rent (subject to policy limit). Contents insurance should be considered, especially if your rental property is furnished. This will protect furniture and electrical items from theft or damage.

Terms, conditions and underwriting criteria may apply.

Get your home insurance quote today

Use promocode 'Protect'

Call us in Wexford

Renew online